Step is an international initiative comprised of manufacturers, recyclers, academics, governments and other organizations committed to solving the world’s e-waste problem. By providing a forum for discussion among stakeholders, Step is actively sharing information, seeking answers and implementing solutions.
The shared expertise and common vision of Step’s membership focuses on the following key areas:
- Reducing the materials used in manufacturing
- Reusing equipment or components where practical
- Refurbishing where possible
- Recovering materials from obsolete equipment
- Recycling the highest possible level of materials